December 12, 2010
Snow Storm of the Year?
Maybe I should knock on wood considering it's only Dec 12th! We just received a wonderful Christmas present from nature - 2+ feet of snow and what a mess it is. Chuck and I just spent 1.5 days shoveling. I am sore, it feels like the first day of practice after a long summer break. Not only did it snow is massive amounts, but there was a wind storm going on as well, blowing the are masses of snow into the shoveled area. It is literally up to mid-thigh. It's kind of cool that we actually got some snow, it has been a couple years, but I would rather accumulate it slowly, instead of one big snow storm. The road and streets will be messed up for days and they have called a back to back snow emergency - meaning if you don't have private parking - your screwed. Lucky for us we spent the time and cleared our parking pad in the back, although it took a day just to dig my car out and get it moved to the back. It took a couple hours of digging to get my car uncovered and even then I got stuck several times trying to get down the street. Finally we gave up and took our chances, which worked because the plows never made it to our streets anyways. After a little more digging we were able to get back there. I am safe, for now! I hope I can get around tomorrow, I have some errands to run!