December 07, 2010

Frustration

Warning - this is a rant. I am sorry but I need to release a little pressure. I think in general I am feeling trapped. Is it so much to ask to be looked at by the people who spend the most time around you to see you. I mean truly see you for who you are. I am sarcastic, I am creative, I am giving, I want to help people, I enjoy music, art, coffee, good company. I appreciate the people in my life who have helped me, raised me, loved me, supported me, and I tell them as much as I can. I will be there you for you if you need me, you can count on me to follow through with my responsibilities and I genuinely care about people. I love animals and nature. There is so much about me that you can't see. I don't know why. Is it my political views? Religious views? Are our values so different that you can't see that our differences are minor in the big picture of life? Part of the reason I am a hard person to get to know, is because I don't think it's fair judge a person based on their labels. Oh - you don't believe in god - your faithless. Oh your only 25 - you have no life experience. Oh your parents aren't loaded? - You must be classless. Oh you grew up in a farm? You are a hillbilly. Seriously it's annoying.

1. I don't believe in god. I believe in karma and spirits. I believe in the power of people. 
2. I grew up on a farm. I have gained more knowledge and experience in life that is priceless. These are the things that most people don't know. I have gained an appreciation for life and death and a respect for them as well.
3. My parents are middle class -  I am not classless.
4. I am only 25, but I have much more experience then I should for someone my age. I have been more mature for then my true age most of my life.

I know it's not a good thing to rant, but it's hard to go through your daily routine knowing that there is even one person who sees you in a light that isn't true. I know people always say "don't care what people think," but I do.  It has a direct influence with how I feel and the opportunities that are available to me. Okay I'm done.

~ Think positive, look ahead, and be yourself.
~ Dream, plan, DO.