December 06, 2010

Book Hunting

Is it a bad thing that I am obsessed with books? I know I could be focusing on much worse things, but I just can't get enough. It's like eating to much chocolate in one sitting. You know its bad but why stop something that's so good?  I can and have easily spent 2 - 3 hours in Barns & Nobles each time I go. Yesterday I was there for about 2 hours. I don't even realize that the hours go by.

I usually move through most of the sections although my favorites include; Fiction, History, and Religions. I came home with 2 great books yesterday. Very much my style,  and I am very excited to start them. The first, "The Blue Notebook," is a fictional documentary about a young women who is sold into the sex trade. The second is, "The God of Animals," a story about a young girl who discovers that people, including herself can be cruel, can lie and cheat, and occasionally, can do something heartbreaking and selfless. I am starting with The Blue Notebook tomorrow and will go from there.

I have to buy my books for school this week. My lovely mother is clipping in which is greatly appreciated. Everything helps. Class starts in January and I am enrolled in English Composition II, which is the research paper English requirement for my A.A. Degree. I am a little nervous about the class as I am super rusty on the whole school and English stuff, but I am also super excited. It helps that I am only 3 classes away from having my A.A.

I feel like I have been making some positive sets recently in my life, as well as slipped back a little bit in some areas. I got serious about school and scheduled my life around finishing it to the best of my ability. I will do one class per semester and be graduating next fall. Chuck and I started fostering. I have been wanting to do it for so long. I feel like I was meant to do. I love animals and I want to help them as much as I can. If I could I always said I would want to run an animals sanctuary. I updated my resume and plan to keep my option open so I don't feel so trapped at work. On the flip side, I have not been doing a good job of managing my money. I have slipped out of the eating right plan and have not been exercising as much as I would like to. I need to start doing Yoga again. That really did wonders on my stress levels.

I am doing the best I can right now, I just hope to stay motivated and keep moving forward. As long as I am not idle, I will do just fine. Christmas is around the corner and then we start planning our trip out east to visit chucks family. Thinking about March, I can't wait  I miss them.