November 26, 2010

The Morning after

Thanksgiving. I couldn't have asked for a better day. It started with some much needed time with chuck and then rolled into an afternoon eating many wonderful dishes. My family has created our own tradition by not having the traditional thanksgiving day dishes. We did Prime Rib and Duck. Both turned out great.


Then we headed home for a much needed afternoon power nap. Chuck, Jayda, and I napped for about 2 hours. When we woke up poor Chuck had to head off to work the night shift! I headed back over to my moms. Our good friends Laurie and Jeff stopped over for a thanksgiving day Jam session. We played Banjo, Mandolins, and Guitars. For us that can't play anything, we sang along. It was so much fun. Jeff showed me how to pay a few simple cords on the Mandolin and Banjo! Thinking I might want to learn to play!

I headed home after and spent a couple of hours working on my New York city Puzzle, which is almost done. Then headed to bed.

There is a lot to me thankful for during this time of year.  You especially appreciate those who are around you when you are missing the ones who are not. This year I am thankful that I have a job that allows me to live a decent lifestyle, although not perfect I have it better then most. I am thankful for my mom and my sister, through the thick and thin, through the fights and good times, they are always there and I can count on them to be there for me when I need it. I am thankful for Chuck, he is a very great man and I am lucky to have someone that loves me in spite of me. I am thankful for my dog Jayda, she loves me unconditionally and forgives my faults, keeps me motivated and busy. I am thankful for the few people I hold close to me and the ones that aren't so close, it's good to know that day by day someone is thinking about me. Finally, I am thankful for new opportunities and challenges that have pushed me forward and forced me to reevaluate and make positive changes in myself this year.

Happy Thanksgiving Holiday to everyone.