November 27, 2010

InSoMnIa?

I think I have insomnia. I have not been able to sleep normally in forever! Last night I didn't get to bed until 3:00am. Then I wake up and I feel like poo. I also usually can't sleep through the night. Tossing and turning. I used to be able to sleep through anything. When I lived up north I lived right next to the train tracks, those trains would come through at all hours of the night and I never woke up. Now a creek in the floor or someone breathing wakes me up immediately, it's annoying. I also need a lot of sleep to feel rested. I think that it has more to do with not sleeping through the night, then it has to do with the amount of sleep. But you can begin to see the cycle of madness.

There are a couple issues I am facing. One, I can't fall asleep. Even when I am tired, sometimes it takes me over an hour to finally fall asleep. Two, I usually can't stay asleep. This one is two fold. Either I wake up constantly from noise or whatever, or I am asleep, but dreaming up a storm. They say when you dream a lot and can remember your dreams in the morning your not getting into your full "Deep" sleep. Lately I have even been having nightmares, scary dreams. The other night I woke up literally crying. That didn't used to happen to me. It's really weird.

I feel like I have tried it all. Sleeping pills, tea, reading (helps a little, but then I read until I can't keep my eyes open, which ends up being midnight or 1am. So whats the point), yoga before bed. I tried the routine thing - same time, quite, no TV before bed, dark and I didn't really feel like it helped.

So I am feeling a little stuck. I really would love to be able to get up at 5 or 6 every morning so that I have time to relax a little and wake up fully before going to work. Can't do that when you can't sleep. I wish I knew what was wrong...