October 30, 2010

ummm..


Been a slow couple of days, nothing to exciting to blog about. Had Volleyball on Tuesday and Wednesday. Dog training on Thursday. My mom did bring her MG over to my house last night. She owns the only car that can actually fit in our tiny garage. This is a picture of what it looks like, but hers it Purple. She calls it her mid-life crisis :)





No big Halloween plans, not really a big fan of dressing up. I do every once in awhile. But the motivation is not around this year. I will probably try and rake the leaves tomorrow. Hopefully it's not to cold. We have been waiting for the neighbors maple tree to finish, but it's really holding on to it's leaves this year.
I actually like raking the leaves, I just hate when it's to cold and your hands freeze up. Otherwise it's great exercise and I get to spend time outdoors which I love. The only bad thing about Halloween is that it reminds me that Christmas is just around the corner and I will have to start thinking about presents and plans pretty soon! 


I am reading a really good book right now. It's called Switch, how to change things, when change is hard. It's written by Chip & Dan Heath. It's about how to pick out the bright spots in a situation and build off of that instead of focusing your change efforts on whats not working, focus on what is. The book has a lot of real life examples and walks you through how to built of whats working. It also explains how to motivate people. Each of us has an Elephant and a Rider, and it takes about how to keep both happy and motivated to keep moving forward through change. I am about half through it and I look forward to reading it more.