October 27, 2010

The rath of Fitzgerald lives!

It's been an interesting couple of days here in Minnesota. Although most of us wouldn't be surprised. Very windy. We're talking hurricane like winds. I went to Volleyball last night and while I was waiting for the gym to open I waited in my car and watched the planes coming down. They were back to back every 10 minutes a new one would fly overhead. They were very low to the ground and it was scary to watch. They were teetering and tottering back and forth. I couldn't imagine what that must have been like for the passengers and crews last night. Scary!

On my way to work this morning you could see the aftermath everywhere. Huge branches, peoples Halloween decorations from their yards, random yard objects (mini pools, plastic wrap, tarps, you name it), were all over, in the roads, in trees, caught in fences. Just a mess all around. The picture I have attached in a house in the city I live in... No damage at my house, but that is some scary stuff! Almost like tornado damage.

They were comparing the storm to the same one that took down the Edmund Fitzgerald on Lake Superior in 1975. Very scary, but lucky the threat of snow as not come true... yet.