November 06, 2010

Time to get serious

I have been trying to finish my A.A. for 5 years now. I have decided that I am going to just buckle down. I need to complete 19 credits to finish it. I am hoping that by May 2012 I will be complete. I should be able to finish sooner but I want to be realistic since I work full time, have activities that are important to me, and I want to be able to breathe.

I am registering for 2-3 class this spring. I am going to try to knock out at least 1 required course each semester. I have 4 required classes and 8-9 credits of electives to finish up. If I break it up and do one or two required classes which will be higher credit courses and a little more work, and balance it with the easier electives.

I am headed over to the college to retake my assessment tests (which have expired) and meet with a councilor to make sure I am on the right track. I am super excited and motivated and I just want to get this done with. I really love going to school and enjoy learning. I am like a sponge and seek information always. I pride myself on knowing things, lots of things. But I want a reward for all my hard work and something to show for it. That thing is to receive my Associates of Arts Degree.

Wish me luck. I need to be calm, collected, and stay motivated. I also need to make sure that I don't get frustrated or scared of the harder classes that I am not looking forward to. AKA math credit. 



It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. 
~Albert Einstein~