March 12, 2011

Really?

Over the last couple of days I have been in quite an interesting situation.

I have grown up with a clear understanding of what is right and wrong and as an adult I have become pretty black and white when it comes to those rules. I don't like to hop around the rules, and jump through loop holes.  I don't care if your intentions are good. If it's wrong it's wrong. Your actions over ride what you were thinking. It's never ok to wrong someone because you want to skips steps or cut corners.

I decided with this particular situation that it was necessary to stand up for what is right and not back down. That is something that when I say - or type it seems so easy because you think that it would be a simple process. Boy was I wrong. I had to push, shove, and dig to make something happen. I was shocked. Honestly shocked. Why is doing the right thing so hard to do? Sure it's a little extra work, but in the end.... so worth it.Why can't people understand that? Cutting corners now only hurts you don't the road. I will not go down with that ship... no way.




 I guess I got some good Karma. I feel in my heart that I did the right thing and whatever the outcome, at least I can look in the mirror and know who I am.